April 1, 2021 - As we ramp up for our 2021 United Way campaign, we're actively recruiting volunteers to join our Campaign Cabinet. Are you a community volunteer or business leader willing to help United Way of Androscoggin County broaden our reach, improve lives, and achieve the annual goal for the campaign? We'd love to have you join us! If you are interested, please contact Joleen Bedard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-795-4000.The full volunteer position description is below:
Campaign Cabinet Volunteers Needed!
United Way of Androscoggin County’s (UWAC’s) annual community-wide campaign is held in the late summer and fall each year. To accomplish its goal, a Campaign Cabinet is recruited to provide leadership in the development and implementation of a campaign strategy to maximize community workplace and individual giving. Campaign Cabinet Volunteers elect to participate in a Campaign Subcommittee to do hands-on work throughout the summer and into the campaign season, if needed.
Subcommittees include: Business & Industry/New Accounts, Public Service, Leadership Circle, 365 Small Business Circle, and Emerging Leaders.
• Attend Campaign Cabinet meetings May through December.
• Select a subcommittee to focus on throughout the summer and fall.
• Work with your Subcommittee Chair and Joleen Bedard, Executive Director, to set strategy and goals for assigned organizations.
• Meet with local leaders or businesses to support the United Way Campaign and make new connections. Strengthen partnerships and confirm key information and assignments during any communications.
• Update Subcommittee Chair on progress throughout the process.
Subcommittee Chairs and their Campaign Cabinet Volunteers should communicate on a regular basis. UWAC’s staff is available for any guidance and support; this partnership is critical to the success of the campaign. United Way staff provide background information, materials, and data and assist with developing the strategies and timetable.