Since 2008, we’ve been working to achieve our bold, 10-year goal: to increase by one-third the number of youth and adults who are healthy and avoid risky behaviors by 2018.
United Way of Androscoggin County supports community health services for essential medical and dental care, substance abuse treatment, mental health care, violence prevention and recovery, independent living and nutrition programs. This will be implemented through:
- Programs providing essential medical and dental care for those who could not otherwise afford it
- Programs providing access to substance abuse treatment & mental health care for those who need it
- Supportive services & nutrition for families, adults, teens, seniors & people with disabilities as needed
- Interpersonal violence programs
- Access to affordable health care, including preventive, physical and mental health services, is available to the neediest.
- The social and wellness needs of individuals will be met through programs and services.
- Interpersonal violence will be reduced, root causes will be addressed with strategies to prevent violence, so that individuals are safe in the community.